Saturday, October 20, 2007

week 6 #15

Found these readings very interesting. The article on avoiding the 3 icebergs affirmed what I already have felt, that I need to avoid building a "just in case" collection, that we can't train all our patrons and really are wasting our time by trying to do so, and that we can't wait for people to come to us. I think a lot of the things we're doing are moving us into the right direction, this training among them. The article on cooperation had a great idea: a google map mashup of local libraries. Wouldn't it be great if we need something like this showing our libraries and HPL libraries? We spend a lot of time figuring which library a caller is closer to, and sometimes its a HPL library. The 2.0 librarian manifesto was inspiring to me. Library 2.0 to me means a constantly changing, exciting place to work and offer services to users.

No comments: